Here’s an overview of what you can do to fix your fine

Help is always available. Just don’t ignore your fines.

1. Get legal advice

LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and advice.

Legal Aid NSW provides free legal services to the public.

Community Legal Centres (CLCs) provide free legal services to the public.

Revenue NSW processes and manages fines.

If you have received a fine you should get legal help.

If you’re under 18, you can get free legal advice about your fines.

You must get legal advice before you deal with a fine.

2. Contest the fine

You can ask Revenue NSW for a review of the fine to make sure it was correctly issued.

For vehicle-related fines, the fine can be reassigned to the person driving at the time.

You can challenge your fine in the Local Court.

In certain situations you may ask Revenue NSW to check if it was correctly issued.

In certain situations you may ask Revenue NSW to check if it was correctly issued.

You can apply to have enforcement action on your fine cancelled.

Penalties issued by a private parking company are not technically fines.

3. Get help paying

If you are having trouble paying your fine on time, you can ask to pay in instalments.

You may be able to pay in fortnightly instalments, deducted automatically from your Centrelink payments.

If you are experiencing financial hardship you can apply to do a Work and Development Order.

If you are having trouble paying off your overdue fine on time, you can request to pay later.

Financial counselling services are free, confidential and non-conflicted.

If you are experiencing severe financial hardship you can ask Revenue NSW to waive your fine debt.

4. Pay your fine

If you think can afford to pay, you have the option to pay your fine in full.

5. Learn more

It can be hard to tell the difference between notices from council and private parking operators.

There are different options available to deal with your unpaid toll debt.

Revenue NSW collect unpaid fees on behalf of the Ambulance Service, but you may be exempt from paying them.

If you do not pay the invoice from NSW Ambulance by the due date, Revenue NSW will issue an overdue notice and collect payment on their behalf.

If you hold private health insurance at the time of service, you do not need to pay NSW Ambulance fees. 

There are different types of monetary penalties that a court can impose, here’s the difference between them.

There are many options—the most important thing is that you don’t ignore it.

You have options before a Final Order for restitution is made against you.

You could not avoid getting the fine because of your circumstances at the time.

Get these results in an email

We won't collect your email or use it for anything else

Do you have multiple fines?

cautionPlease don’t ignore your fine

If you do not take action by the due date you may pay more and be stopped from driving or using your car.