Contact LawAccess NSW
Need legal help?
Call LawAccess NSW 1300 888 529.
LawAccess NSW is a free government telephone service that provides legal information, referrals and in some cases, advice for people who have a legal problem in NSW.
If you have received a fine in NSW.
Free and confidential
LawAccess NSW provide free and confidential legal help.
You can call LawAccess NSW on 1300 888 529.
The operating hours are from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
For more information, go to the LawAccess NSW website.
Collect your fines together
- Group your fines together by stage (penalty notice, penalty reminder notice, overdue fine) or organise them by due date: put the most urgent on the top of the pile
- You can also get details about your fines from Revenue NSW.
Collect supporting information
If you have other information that proves that you shouldn’t have got some of your fines, collect that too. It may be things like:
- Proof that you weren’t the driver/responsible person of your car when the fine was issued or that you haven’t committed the offence
- A doctor’s letter proving that you have a special circumstance that means you shouldn’t have got the fine
- A letter from a social worker explaining what your situation is
- Bank statements or evidence of your income
- Other evidence that means you can’t pay the fine
Get these results in an email
We won't collect your email or use it for anything else
Was this page helpful?
Please don’t ignore your fine
If you do not take action by the due date you may pay more and be stopped from driving or using your car.